Classic Three-Cheese Quiche
Three kinds of rich cheese are delicious in this simple and mild quiche.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Swiss
- 3 Tbsp. grated Asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Press pie dough into a 10-inch fluted tart pan.
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, about 6 minutes. Add flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg; cook and stir until bubbly. Add light cream; cook and stir until thick. Remove from heat.
- Beat in sour cream, then add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Place Swiss cheese into pie crust and pour egg mixture over. Sprinkle with Asiago cheese. Bake for 50 minutes or until quiche is puffed and golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes and serve.