Clean Corn Bread
Corn bread has received a bad reputation, but in clean varieties like this one, nutritious ingredients add flavor and quality nutrients in every luscious bite.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. plain low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. Sucanat
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and coat a loaf pan with olive oil spray and whole-wheat flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yogurts, eggs or egg substitute, applesauce, Sucanat, and corn, and mix well. Add the cornmeal gradually, and combine thoroughly.
- Pour the mix into the prepared bread pan, and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.