Clean Creamy Zucchini Soup
A creamy soup packed with rich colors, flavors, and textures from the zucchini, sweet onion, spicy garlic, and creamy yogurt, this one-pot creation is delicious and amazingly nutritious.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large Vidalia onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 lbs. zucchini, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- In a large pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil and add the sliced onions. Sauté for about 4–5 minutes until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add 3 tablespoons stock, zucchini, garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to the pot. Sauté for 10 minutes until zucchini is soft. Add the remaining stock, increase heat to high, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 25–30 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat, and allow soup to cool for about 15–20 minutes. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Stir in the yogurt.