Clean Huevos Rancheros
Packed with clean ingredients that all provide quality nutrition, these huevos rancheros are a healthier version that you can actually feel good about eating.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 small flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 8 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet prepared with nonstick spray over medium heat, warm tortillas individually, about 1 to 2 minutes. Quickly wrap with tinfoil to keep warm until use.
- Spray skillet with more nonstick spray and add the eggs carefully, not breaking the yolks. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the whites turn white. Add the tablespoon of water and cover. Continue cooking for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Lay 1 tortilla on each of 4 plates, top with 2 eggs each.
- Return skillet to heat and add salsa to skillet, stirring constantly for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Top eggs with salsa and garnish with chopped cilantro.