Coca-Cola® Chocolate Frosted Cupcakes
Make your cupcakes even better by adding some soda into the mix, literally! Adding it into the chocolate frosting brings out the sweet and bold flavors of the cocoa powder, and the bubbles give the frosting an airy texture.
Serves: 12Prep: 1 minuteTotal: 1 minuteDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box cake mix, prepared according to box directions using cupcake liners and cupcake pan
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room-temperature
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 5 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup Coca-Cola® Soda
- Let cupcakes cool at least 30 minutes before frosting.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter until smooth.
- With mixer off, add cocoa powder and half the powdered sugar. Mix on low speed until combined.
- Beat in vanilla, Coca-Cola® and as much additional powdered sugar as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Beat on medium speed an additional 2 minutes, until frosting is completely smooth. Over each cupcake, spread or pipe desired amount of frosting.