Try this recipe for light, tender meatballs. If you prefer your own meat mixture, feel free to use it. But use a light hand when shaping the meatballs. Too much rolling makes them tough and hard.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- ½ cup ice cold milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground pork or veal
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ⅓ cup ice water
- Combine all ingredients except ice water in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Using ⅓–½ of the mixture at a time, place seasoned meat in a food processor. Pulse once or twice, then add a small amount of ice water to the mixture. Process until everything is blended well and fluffy.
- With damp hands, lightly roll meat mixture into 1-inch meatballs. Place meatballs on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350ºF for 15–20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove meatballs to a tray lined with paper towels. Cool slightly, then place in a serving dish.