Cocoa Café Brownies
These brownies deliver amazing taste and quality nutrition for a treat that only tastes naughty!
Serves: 9Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup strong black coffee
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1⁄2 cup Sucanat
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a 9-by-9-inch baking pan with olive oil spray.
- Melt the chocolate squares and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coffee, applesauce, agave nectar, Sucanat, eggs or egg substitute, and vanilla. Mix well. Add the melted chocolate to the wet ingredient mixture, and mix well to combine thoroughly.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the cocoa powder, flour, and baking powder. Mix well, add to the wet ingredients, and combine thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 30 minutes, or until a fork inserted in the center comes out clean.