Cocoa Pecan Treats
These treats are as easy as they are tasty. Even youngsters can make a batch for themselves with little trouble.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Chop the pecans into 1⁄8-inch pieces.
- Combine the whole milk, sugar, shortening, and salt in saucepan on medium-high heat; boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the oats, coconut, cocoa, vanilla, and pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto waxed paper. Set in a cool place until the treats reach room temperature, about 30 minutes.