Coconut Almond Bars
These chewy, nutty cookie bars are easy to make and great for packing in lunch bags or enjoying with a cup of coffee.
Serves: 36Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 26 round, buttery crackers
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13" × 9" baking dish.
- In the bowl of a food processor, process cracker crumbs and sugar until it resembles coarse sand. Add melted butter and process until combined.
- Press crumbs into prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine almonds, coconut, salt, and sweetened condensed milk and mix well. Pour over crust and smooth to make even.
- Bake for 22–26 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and bars are almost set. Let cool, then cut into bars.