Coconut Almond Shrimp
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp. ground red pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 Tbsp. agave nectar
- ⅓ cup egg whites
- ¾ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1½ lbs. extra-large shrimp, shelled and cleaned with tails remaining
- ⅓ cup sweet and sour sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°F and lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine almond flour, pepper, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix lime juice and agave nectar and stir. Continuously stirring, add egg whites to lime-agave mixture.
- Place coconut in a thin layer on a flat dish. Dip each shrimp first into the almond-flour mixture, then into the egg-white mixture, and then roll in coconut.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake 10–15 minutes or until coconut appears lightly toasted. Serve with sweet and sour sauce.