Sweet and crunchy, these charming Coconut Balls also look pretty when served. If you’re feeling fancy, give them a fine drizzle of melted dark chocolate or lightly sprinkle with cinnamon or confectioners’ sugar.
Makes: 15Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 1⁄2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. rice flour
- 1⁄3 cup egg whites, about 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup pure cane sugar
- 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add coconut shreds, coconut oil, and rice flour and mix on low speed.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Add to flour mixture and mix on medium speed 30 to 45 seconds. Add maple syrup and mix until fully combined.
- Gently shape mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 30–60 minutes. Consuming right away may cause coconut balls to crumble.