Sweet and crunchy, these charming Coconut Balls also look pretty when served. If you’re feeling fancy, give them a fine drizzle of melted dark chocolate or lightly sprinkle with cinnamon or confectioners’ sugar.
Makes: 15Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2½ Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. rice flour
- ⅓ cup egg whites, about 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup pure cane sugar
- 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp. sea salt
- ½ Tbsp. maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add coconut shreds, coconut oil, and rice flour and mix on low speed.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Add to flour mixture and mix on medium speed 30–45 seconds. Add maple syrup and mix until fully combined.
- Gently shape mixture into 1" balls and place on a nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake 15–20 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 30–60 minutes. Consuming right away may cause coconut balls to crumble.