Coconut Beef Curry
This exotic beef curry with its Eastern spice blend makes an easy one-dish meal.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 lbs. stewing beef, cut into 1⁄4-inch strips
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 4 medium zucchini, chopped
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Thai chilies, sliced
- 3 lime leaves, thinly sliced or 4 1⁄2 tsp. grated lime zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, add coconut oil. Add beef strips; cook for 3 minutes, or until browned.
- Add onions, garlic, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, and curry powder; sauté for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add zucchini and sweet potatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato paste, coconut milk, water, and sea salt until well mixed. Add mixture to skillet with meat and vegetables.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 1 hour, until vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with chilies and lime leaves, and serve while still hot.