Coconut Butterscotch Toffee Blondies
These chewy, sweet bars are a perfect alternative to chocolate desserts, and can be made ahead and frozen for up to a month.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1⁄3 cup toffee bits
- 1⁄3 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-by-8-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Line the pan with parchment paper, leaving a 3-inch overhand on either side of the pan, then spray paper with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well, then set aside
- In a small bowl cream together brown sugar and butter until just blended, about 30 seconds. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until well blended before adding the next, about 1 minute each. Stir in vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture and mix until just blended, about 10 strokes. Add coconut, toffee, and butterscotch chips, and mix until thoroughly distributed, about 10 more strokes. Do not overmix.
- Carefully spread batter into the prepared pan and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and the center is just starting to puff. The blondies will be pale on top; don’t over-bake. Allow to cool 20 minutes in the pan before carefully using the parchment to lift them out onto a cutting board. Cut into 16 pieces.