Coconut Chicken with Asparagus and Snow Peas
The natural sugars in the coconut milk and carrots give this dish a delightfully sweet flavor.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 3 cups sliced asparagus, cut into 1” pieces on the bias
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 lime, for serving
- Trim, rinse, and pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels. Cut them into 1-inch cubes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the garlic powder with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Toss with the chicken pieces to ensure the meat is evenly coated.
- In a large sauté pan over high heat, add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Cook the chicken in batches (to avoid overcrowding the pan) until golden brown, stirring frequently to prevent sticking. Return all of the chicken to the pan and add the asparagus and snow peas. Cook for about 3 minutes over high heat, stirring constantly, until the vegetables are tender. Add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Serve immediately with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.