Coconut Chocolate Chip Blondies
Use dark, semisweet, or milk chocolate chips and add chopped almonds to these irresistibly delicious cookie bars if desired.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp. sodium-free baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Place the butter and brown sugar into a mixing bowl and beat well to combine. Stir in the egg whites and vanilla. Add the baking powder and mix. Gradually add in the flours and coconut, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to the prepared pan and smooth to even. Place on middle rack in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place pan on wire rack to cool. Cool to touch before cutting into squares and serving.