Coconut Cream Chicken Potpie
Chicken potpie warms the heart and soul, especially this low-FODMAP version made with coconut cream and gluten-free flour.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 store-bought gluten-free double pie crust
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium stalk celery, diced
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut cream
- 1⁄4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lay bottom portion of pie crust into a 9-inch pie pan.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, broth, milk, coconut cream, and flour to skillet. Mix well and cook over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and pour on top of dough in prepared pie tin. Cover with top of pie crust, crimp edges and using a sharp knife, cut a slit into dough.
- Place baking dish on a baking sheet and bake 40 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Allow to cool about 10 minutes before serving.