Coconut Cream Chicken Potpie
Chicken potpie warms the heart and soul, especially this low-FODMAP version made with coconut cream and gluten-free flour.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 store-bought gluten-free 9" double pie crust
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium stalk celery, diced
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1¾ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut cream
- ¼ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lay bottom portion of pie crust into 9" pie pan.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, broth, milk, coconut cream, and flour to skillet. Mix well and cook over medium heat 3–4 minutes. Remove from heat and pour on top of dough in prepared pie tin. Cover with top of pie crust, crimp edges and using a sharp knife, cut a slit into dough.
- Place baking dish on a baking sheet and bake 40 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Allow to cool about 10 minutes before serving.