Coconut Cream of Mushroom Green Bean Casserole
This creamy classic green bean casserole is a great dish for potlucks or family gatherings!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. coconut ghee
- 1⁄2 lb. baby bella mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. potato starch flour
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup French fried onions, crumbled
- In a large pot with a steamer insert, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add beans to steamer insert and cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat ghee. Add mushrooms, garlic, salt, and pepper. Sauté until mushrooms are tender, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk potato starch flour into 1 tablespoon water; add to the mushrooms. Cook 1 minute until mixture thickens; whisk in coconut milk and chicken broth. Simmer about 10 minutes, then stir in the beans.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Pour the green bean mixture into a casserole dish. Sprinkle top of casserole with breadcrumbs and top with French fried onions. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until bubbly. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.