Coconut Crème Brûlée
Coconut Crème Brûlée is a beautiful dessert. Serve it at your next dinner party or holiday celebration.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 10 hoursDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 cup plus 6 tsp. coconut sugar, divided
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2⁄3 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place 6 ramekins in large roasting pan.
- In a large bowl, beat 1⁄2 cup sugar, egg yolks, and whole egg.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add cream, coconut milk, and shredded coconut; bring to boil. Whisk in egg mixture. Pour custard into ramekins, dividing equally.
- Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of cups, about 2 inches. Bake 40 minutes, or until custards are just set in center. Remove from water; cool, and chill overnight.
- Before serving, preheat broiler and arrange ramekins on a baking sheet. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar evenly over each custard. Broil until sugar browns, watching closely, for about 1 minute; chill for at least 1 hour.