Coconut Crusted Tilapia with Scallion Rice
Take tilapia to the next level by adding coconut flakes to the breadcrumb coating.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 6 scallions, chopped (white and green parts)
- 1 Simple Truth™ Natural Cage Free Grain Fed Large Brown Egg Grade A
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ 2% Reduced Fat Milk
- 1⁄2 ounce sweetened coconut flakes
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cored and seeded
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄4 pounds tilapia (or substitute any white fish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cook rice according to package instructions. When rice cools, add all but 2 tablespoons of scallions.
- In small bowl, beat egg and milk together.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut, the reserved scallions, red pepper and breadcrumbs together in separate bowl.
- Roll tilapia in milk/egg mix and coat thoroughly with breadcrumb mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake fish for 12 to 15 minutes or until done.