Coconut cake is a favorite pick at parties and daytime events. This rich, sweet cupcake is a sophisticated treat. Garnish with jellybeans for an easy springtime treat.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) white cake mix with pudding
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup softened butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. coconut extract
- 1 container (16 oz.) whipped topping
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a muffin tin with paper baking cups. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Using an electric mixer set on low speed, combine the cake mix, buttermilk, eggs, butter, and extracts until a moist batter begins to form.
- Turn batter into cups, filling just a touch more than half full. Bake for 25 minutes. Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes with whipped topping and garnish with flaked coconut.