Coconut Curried Delicata Squash Stew
This stew is savory and slightly sweet, making it the perfect fall dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large delicata squash
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 large red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups diced cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup scallions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Poke delicata squash all over with the tines of a fork. Bake for 45 minutes or until fork tender. Reserve.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the ginger, onion, and carrot. Cook until softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Halve the squash, and cube the flesh. Add to Dutch oven with salt, pepper, broth, and chicken. Bring to a simmer, and add coconut milk, curry powder, spinach, and tomatoes. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Garnish with scallions.