Coconut Curry Lemongrass Soup
Coconut and lemongrass make this soup both mild and refreshing.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced bok choy
- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄16 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 piece (1") gingerroot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 Tbsp. gluten-free fish sauce
- 4 medium stalks lemongrass
- 9 oz. thin rice noodles
- 3 small skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1½ lbs.), sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add green onions, bok choy, bell peppers, garlic powder, and ginger; stirring occasionally, cook until red peppers are softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, coconut milk, curry powder, and fish sauce; cover and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, trim top and base of lemongrass stalks; use only bottom 4". Peel off any dry or tough outer layers before finely chopping or mincing. Add lemongrass and noodles to pot; simmer uncovered until noodles are al dente, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer until just cooked through, about 3 more minutes. Stir in lime juice and garnish with bean sprouts and cilantro.