Coconut and Dark Chocolate Popovers
The coconut flour really elevates these popovers to the next level. The flavor is out of this world!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all purpose flour
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Divide the butter evenly into the cups of a popover pan. Place the pan in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes while you make the batter.
- In medium bowl, beat the eggs with the milk, vanilla, and sugar, then whisk in the all-purpose flour, salt, coconut flour, and coconut. Pour the batter into the butter-filled cups. Add a few chocolate chunks to each popover.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350°F and continue to bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan and drizzle with chocolate syrup before serving.