Coconut Dream Smoothie
Coconut cream pie is a delicious dessert, but it packs empty calories and very few vitamins and minerals. This recipe blends the star ingredients of coconut cream pie in a healthy green smoothie.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- Flesh of 2 mature coconuts
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and pit removed
- ¼" piece gingerroot, peeled
- ½ cup full fat canned coconut milk
- ½ cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup ice
- Combine romaine, coconut flesh, lemon juice, avocado, ginger, and coconut milk in a blender until thoroughly combined.
- Add the yogurt while blending until just combined.
- Slowly add ice while blending until desired texture is reached.