Coconut Lime Bread
The tropical essence of lime zest pairs perfectly with rich coconut in this exotic bread. Get creative and embellish it with a cup of chopped macadamia nuts or dried pineapple chunks.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. grated lime zest
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded and toasted unsweetened coconut, divided
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with pan spray, and line the bottom and short sides with a strip of parchment.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar together until smooth and creamy. Add lime zest and eggs. Sift together cake flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in 1 1⁄2 cups coconut.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth the top. Bake 30 minutes, until risen. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F and bake 30 minutes longer, or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Tent with foil if loaf browns too quickly.
- As the bread bakes, combine remaining lime juice and confectioners' sugar.
- Remove finished bread from oven and cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Top bread with icing and remaining coconut and continue cooling on a rack.