This dish can be served as an appetizer or as a main dish on top of rice, quinoa, or a plate of wheat-free noodles.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ⅔ cup coconut milk
- 1½ Tbsp. lime
- 2 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1½ tsp. wheat-free baking powder
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1¼ cups finely shredded coconut
- 24 large shrimp, deveined with tails on
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- In medium bowl, combine the egg, all-purpose flour, coconut milk, lime juice, lime zest, and baking powder.
- Place coconut flour and shredded coconut in 2 separate bowls.
- Hold shrimp by tail, and dredge in flour, shaking off excess flour. Dip in egg/milk mixture; allow excess to drip off. Roll shrimp in coconut, and place on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in grill pan or skillet. Sauté the shrimp in batches: cook, turning once, for 2–3 minutes, or until golden brown. Using tongs, remove shrimp to paper towels to drain.