Coconut Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Mashed sweet potatoes with ginger and coconut milk taste delicious, and they’re good for you!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 lbs. sweet potatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Prick sweet potatoes with a fork several times; bake for 1 hour, or until potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork. Remove from oven; allow potatoes to cool enough to be handled. Peel and discard skin; transfer to a mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher.
- Add coconut milk and ginger; stir well. Scoop into a casserole dish. Sprinkle shredded coconut over the top.
- Reduce oven to 350°F; bake 10 minutes, or until heated through. Season with salt. Serve hot.