Coconut Milk Salad (Nariel Ka Raita)
This chilled vegetable salad is made with coconut milk.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 small red onion, peeled
- 1 small tomato
- 1 piece (1 inch) fresh ginger, grated
- 1 serrano green chili, seeded and minced
- 2 Tbsp. minced cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. dried coconut flakes or fresh shredded coconut
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. light coconut milk
- Chop the onion and the tomato and place in a large bowl. Add the ginger, green chili, cilantro, coconut, and salt; mix well. Pour the coconut milk onto the salad. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. Serve cold.