Coconut Pancakes with Berry Compote
Coconut flour is highly absorbable, so you only need a small amount in these coconut flour pancakes.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup coconut milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 tsp. granulated stevia
- Mix dry ingredients—coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon—in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, coconut milk, eggs, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add in frozen berries. Use a spatula to crush berries as they begin to heat up. Add stevia and continue smashing with spatula until berries reach desired consistency. Set aside.
- Heat up a medium skillet over medium heat and add remaining coconut oil. Combine wet and dry pancake ingredients. Drop batter by 1⁄8 cupfuls onto hot skillet. Cook 3 to 4 minutes and then flip over and cook another 3–4 minutes or until pancake is browned and cooked through.
- Top pancakes with berry compote. Serve immediately.