Coconut-Pecan Banana Bread
For a tropical twist on a classic quick bread, add pecans and coconut.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup plus 1 tsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch pan with 1 teaspoon butter and set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, whole-wheat flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda and mix well. Cut in remaining 1⁄3 cup butter until particles are fine. Add bananas and eggs and beat until combined. Stir in pecans, and coconut.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until bread is dark golden brown and begins to pull away from sides of pan. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.