If you like your popcorn crunchy, spread the prepared coconut popcorn on a large parchment-lined baking sheet and cook at 250°F for an hour.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cups light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cups salted butter
- 1⁄2 tsp. coconut flavoring
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups shredded coconut, toasted
- 2 Tbsp. rainbow sprinkles
- Spray a large bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Place popcorn in the bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, stir together sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Bring to a boil, stir constantly, while mixture boils for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in coconut flavoring and baking soda. Mix well. Drizzle over popcorn. Sprinkle with coconut and sprinkles.