Coconut Rice with Mangoes
Rice is not just a side dish! Try this fantastic hot rice cereal for a morning energy boost.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice, soaked overnight in water to cover and drained
- 6 cups filtered water, divided
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) unsweetened coconut milk
- 3⁄4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 large ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Rinse rice in a colander. Add rice to a rice cooker with 4 cups filtered water and cook according to directions.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine lemon juice, coconut milk, sugar, and salt. Stir until dissolved, about 3 minutes; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; set aside 1⁄3 cup of coconut milk mixture.
- Pour remaining coconut milk mixture over rice. Cover and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Serve rice topped with mango.