Coconut Rum Balls
If youʼre making these for kids, omit the rum and use orange juice or apple juice instead. You can roll them in powdered sugar or ground nuts if youʼd like.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 28 honey graham crackers
- 1⁄2 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rum or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Finely crush the graham crackers and combine in a large bowl with hazelnuts, confectioners' sugar, and 1⁄2 cup ground hazelnuts 1⁄2 cup coconut. Place remaining coconut in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine honey, rum, and butter and mix well. Add to graham cracker mixture and stir until combined. Press mixture into 1-inch balls and roll in reserved coconut to coat. Place on waxed paper. Let stand for 30 minutes to set, then store in an airtight container at room temperature.