Coconut Shrimp with Kiwi-Pineapple Dipping Sauce
This delicious, tropical dish is simple to make. Blend kiwi, pineapple, fresh ginger, and lime juice to make a fruity dipping sauce. Dredge jumbo shrimp in a coconut breaded coating and bake until crisp. This would make a great appetizer or serve it with white rice for a satisfying meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1⁄2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup coarse bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄8 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 16 large raw shrimp with tails-on, peeled and deveined
- Process kiwi, pineapple, ginger, and lime juice in a blender. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a flat dish, mix breadcrumbs with coconut and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together egg and vanilla.
- Dip each shrimp into egg mixture, then into bread-crumb mixture. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Carefully turn each shrimp over and bake for 5 minutes more or until shrimp are fully cooked through. Serve immediately with kiwi sauce.