Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Dipping Sauce
Dredge shrimp in flour, egg, and coconut before grilling them on a panini press. Serve with a tangy orange sauce for dipping.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 12 jumbo shrimp (1⁄2 lb.), peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, whisk together a tablespoon of olive oil, the marmalade, mustard, and horseradish. Mix well.
- Preheat the panini press. In a shallow bowl, mix the flour with salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat the eggs. In a third shallow bowl place the coconut. Dredge the shrimp in the flour mixture, dip into the eggs, and then coat with the coconut.
- Brush the heated press with a tablespoon of oil. Place coated shrimp on the press, close lid, and cook for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from the press and serve warm with a bowl of the dipping sauce.