This simple dish is deliciously smooth and creamy.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. tapioca flour
- 5 cups sugar-free chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1⁄4 cups full fat canned coconut milk
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion in butter until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Blend the tapioca flour into 1⁄2 cup of the chicken broth. Add to the onion and stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker and add the remaining broth. Cover and heat on a low setting for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the coconut flakes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the coconut is slightly browned. An hour before serving, add the coconut milk to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle with toasted coconut..