Cod and Potatoes
Thinly sliced potatoes are layered with cod and baked. This makes a delicious, light, and easy-to-digest meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄8 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. dried herbs de Provence, divided
- 1 lb. cod fillet
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put the potatoes into a large pot. Cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Boil the potatoes until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Layer half the potatoes in the baking dish and drizzle with olive oil, white pepper, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence.
- Layer the fish over the potatoes followed by the remaining potatoes, butter, remaining salt, remaining herbs de Provence, and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are browned on top and tender when pierced with a fork, or until fish flakes when tested with fork. Serve hot.