Cod with Tomatoes and Garlic
Cooked tomatoes are an excellent source of lycopene, which possesses antioxidant properties important for eye health.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. cod fillets
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. capers
- 6 large whole caper berries
- 4 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Rinse cod and pat dry. Sprinkle the fish with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Place in a glass baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, onions, garlic, capers, caper berries, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, parsley, and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Spread tomato and garlic mixture evenly over top of the cod. Place dish in the oven and bake 20 minutes.