Coeur à la Crème
This recipe adds bits of white chocolate to this charming heart-shaped dessert for an unexpected twist.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 8 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup superfine sugar
- 4 oz. white chocolate, grated
- 2½ cups fresh raspberries, divided
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 Tbsp. raspberry liqueur
- Line a coeur à la crème mold with 2 sheets of cheesecloth. Leave the sides of the cheesecloth long enough to fold back and cover the top of the mold when filled.
- Combine cottage cheese, mascarpone cheese, sour cream, cream, and superfine sugar in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. (Or use an electric mixer on a medium speed.) Fold in the chocolate. Spoon the mixture into the mold, being careful not to leave any air pockets. Smooth the top and cover with the excess cheesecloth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Combine 2 cups raspberries, confectioners’ sugar, and liqueur in a blender and process until smooth. Pour through a strainer to remove the seeds; cover and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, remove the plastic wrap and fold back the cheesecloth. Invert on a serving dish, gently remove the mold, and carefully peel off the cheesecloth. Serve with chilled raspberry coulis and remaining ½ cup raspberries.