Coffee Shop Biscotti
Biscotti means “twice baked.” These crunchy cookies are perfect to dip in your coffee or tea for an afternoon snack.
Makes: 24 cookiesHands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
Makes: 24 cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup chopped toasted almonds
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Whisk eggs and extracts until foamy; add to dry ingredients. Mixture will be very thick and sticky.
- Divide dough into 2 parts; shape into loaves 8" long and 2" high. Bake loaves 25 minutes, or until firm and golden. Cool.
- Reduce oven to 300°F. Cut ½" thick on a diagonal; lay flat on baking sheet. Bake 20 more minutes, or until cookies are dry and crisp.