Coffee Shop Chocolate Fudge Squares
Serving these warm from the oven with a scoop of coffee ice cream and a drizzle of hot fudge sauce is absolutely decadent. Your coffee lovers will thank you.
Serves: 9Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, divided
- 1 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup espresso
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 9" × 9" square baking pan.
- Cream ½ cup butter, granulated sugar, and egg. Melt 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate with bittersweet chocolate in the microwave, about 1 minute. Stir until smooth, and add to butter mixture.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder; add to chocolate mixture. Stir in milk, walnuts, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Spread in prepared pan; bake 20 minutes. Cool.
- Melt remaining unsweetened chocolate in the microwave. Combine with confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and espresso until well blended. Allow to cool; pour over cake. Spread glaze smoothly with a spatula. Let cake set; cut into bars.