Colby and Monterey Jack Pizza
This is a mild but satisfying pizza that’s highly adaptable to other ingredients. Try it with a layer of salsa or leftover chili instead of pizza sauce, or top the cheese with a layer of ground beef and crumbled bacon for a cheeseburger flavor.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. pizza dough
- 1½ cups pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded Colby cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush 2 pizza pans with olive oil.
- Roll or press pizza dough into two 12" circles, slightly thicker at the edges than in the center. Place dough in prepared pans.
- Spread ¾ cup sauce in the center of each pizza, leaving one inch around the edges bare.
- Combine Colby and Monterey jack cheeses. Distribute 2 cups cheese mixture evenly over each pizza, leaving edges bare.
- Place first pizza in the center of the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Remove pizza from oven carefully. Set aside to rest briefly before slicing. Repeat process with second pie.