Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium-size potatoes, peeled and cut into small dice
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp. finely diced shallots or leeks
- 1 large green onion, white and green parts finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small head green cabbage, cored and finely shredded
- 2 tsp. unsalted butter
- ¼ cup skim milk, scalded
- ¼ tsp. dried parsley
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Add the lemon juice and bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until tender.
- In a large, deep nonstick sauté pan treated with nonstick spray, bring the olive oil to temperature over medium-high heat. Add the onion, shallots (or leeks), and green onion; sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is tender. Lower the heat and add the garlic; sauté for 1 minute. Add the cabbage. Cover and cook until the cabbage is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and put them in a serving dish large enough to hold all the ingredients. Add the butter, milk, parsley, and pepper; coarse-mash and mix with a fork. Add the sautéed cabbage mixture to the potatoes and stir to combine.