Cold Blueberry Soup
Cold fruit soups are great for a summer brunch or a special occasion.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened grape juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cardamom
- Extra blueberries for garnish
- 1 sprig mint
- Combine blueberries, grape juice, 1 cup water, cinnamon, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and 1⁄4 cup water. Stir until well blended. Add cardamom to cornstarch mixture. Stir mixture into soup, stirring constantly.
- When mixture begins to thicken, remove from heat. Let cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Remove cinnamon stick before serving. Garnish with a sprinkling of whole blueberries and mint leaves on top.