Cold Brew Coffee with Salted Whipped Cream
Cold brew coffee is easy to make at home. Try this version, topped with sweet and salted homemade whipped cream!
Serves: 4Prep: 8 hours 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutes
- 2⁄3 cup coarsely ground Private Selection™ Sumatran Mandheling Coffee
- 3 cups cold, filtered water
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon extra-fine sugar, plus more to taste
- 1 pinch Private Selection™ Pink Himalayan Salt
- Whole milk or half and half, to taste
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
- In a large jar, combine the coffee and water. Stir well. Cover with a lid, and let stand at room temperature for at least 8 hours
- About 1 hour before serving, place a small bowl and a whisk in the freezer to chill. When ready to serve, make the whipped cream: pour the cream into the chilled bowl, and then add the extra-fine sugar and salt. Whisk until the cream has thickened and takes on the desired fluffy texture, about 2-5 minutes.
- Pour the coffee through a fine mesh strainer into 4 ice-filled glasses. Add milk and sugar to taste. Top each glass with a dollop of whipped cream and drizzle the caramel sauce over the top. Serve immediately, refrigerating any leftovers.