Cold Carrot Soup
Serve this soup before dinner or as a refreshing light lunch.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 Tbsp. almond oil
- 2 lbs. carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 large yellow onions, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups low-sodium canned vegetable stock
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Parsley sprigs
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large stockpot and lightly sauté the carrots, onions, and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the stock and simmer for approximately 1 hour. Add the ginger, lemon juice, and zest. Use immersion blender to blend soup until it is thick, but still chunky or transfer to a blender in batches.
- Chill and serve with parsley as garnish.