Cold Cucumber Soup
Make this soup when you have an abundance of cucumbers from your garden. This soup comes together quickly using a food processor.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 large English cucumber, ends trimmed and grated
- 1½ cups plain yogurt
- 1½ cups cold water
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill, divided
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 cup ½-inch-cubed English cucumber
- In a food processor, add the garlic, vinegar, and bread. Process until the mixture becomes a paste. Add the grated cucumber and yogurt and process again.
- With the processor running, slowly add the water in a steady stream. Add more water if you want the soup to be thinner. Add 2 tablespoons oil, ¼ cup dill, and the salt. Pulse a few times to blend into the soup.
- Transfer the soup into a container with lid. Cover it and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Before serving, stir the soup. Ladle it into bowls and top with the cubed cucumber, remaining dill, and remaining oil. Serve cold.