Cold Pea, Avocado, and Herb Soup
Simmer peas and an onion in chicken broth. Stir in avocado, lime, fresh mint, and basil and purée before chilling it for two hours. That’s all it takes to make this colorful and refreshing soup!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (16 oz.) frozen baby peas
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Add peas, onion, and broth to a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Off heat, stir in avocado, lime juice, mint, basil, salt, and pepper. Purée with an immersion blender. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.