Cold Sesame Noodles with Scallions and Cilantro
A fantastic summer dish, these cold noodles are rich enough to satisfy a large hunger, yet surprisingly light.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. Asian hot chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 lb. lo mein noodles or spaghetti, cooked, drained, and chilled
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- Combine ginger, garlic, peanut butter, broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili sauce, and vinegar in a blender. Purée until very smooth.
- Toss the sauce with the pasta, sesame seeds, scallions, and cilantro. Serve cold.