Cold Spanish Gazpacho with Avocado
Gazpacho is best enjoyed on an outdoor patio just after sunset on a warm summer evening. But really, anytime you want a simple light starter soup will do, no matter the weather. Add some crunch by topping with homemade croutons.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 avocados, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Mix together the cucumbers, red onion, tomatoes, cilantro, and avocado. Set half of the mixture aside. Take the other half and mix in a blender. Add the garlic, lime juice, vinegar, vegetable broth, and hot sauce and process until smooth.
- Transfer to serving bowl and add remaining diced cucumbers, onion, tomatoes, cilantro, and avocado, stirring gently to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.